screen.brussels Film Commission is involved in sustainable development and the circular economy. We encourage productions to work in this way and have already implemented several practical measures:
- Raising awareness among producers and film crews and networking with innovative companies (Rotor, MCB…) that develop their business, recycle, build from sustainable and reusable materials.
- A partnership with the regional agency Bruxelles-Propreté. This allows for the provision and free collection of bin bags, using a form to be completed by the production team, as well as the loan of a badge for unlimited access to Brussels waste disposal centres (with a €150 cash deposit).
- Distribution of environmentally-friendly flasks to crews in order to reduce the use of disposable water bottles.
- Supporting a pilot project for sustainable filming through the use of an eco-consultant who is an expert in sustainability related to the cultural sector.
- Situational analysis of the sector's existing actions in Europe and application of measures that can be transposed to us: partnership with the VAF (Vlaams Audiovisueel Fonds/ The Flanders Audiovisual Fund) and Trentino Film Commission
- Creation of a brochure on
- The 7 subjects on which to act to make your film shooting more eco-responsible: