To encourage the use of sustainable materials, to respect the film location, people’s health and to avoid waste.
- Use FSC-certified or equivalent wood and preferably local or European species. Avoid exotic wood.
- Make a suitable choice of materials to avoid wasting supplies, to limit the amount of waste produced and to avoid the production of hazardous waste (choose environmentally friendly paints, adhesives and varnishes).
- Use paints and varnishes with an environmental label (Ecocert, NaturePlus, Blue Angel, NF Environnement, European Ecolabel).
- In general, ask suppliers about environmentally friendly materials.
- Get in contact with local organisations and/or social economy enterprises that may be able to recover some materials (recycling centres, cultural associations, theatres, film schools, local councils, etc.).
- Keep a record of the quantities of materials reused (copies of invoices and/or contracts and/or shipment documents and/or written understandings).
List of contacts