Fund requests sent to the screen.brussels fund are done exclusively online. They must be submitted during a session, no later than 5 p.m. (Brussels time) on the submission date. Requests can be made in French, Dutch or English.
Who can submit a request?
Requests can only be submitted by a producer on behalf of a production company established as a commercial company, based in Belgium for at least one year. In the case of an international co-production, please contact a Belgian producer.
In concrete terms, before you start, you must verify that:
- You have a profile in the database and your activity is ‘Producer’ (or one of the sub-categories)
- The production company you represent also has a complete profile (including bank details)
- The lead producer for the request is in the database
- The two profiles are linked in the database (my account/my companies or my relations)
Before starting your request
Remember that fund requests are examined only if a minimum number of criteria are met, such as:
- You have met at least four of the cultural criteria
- You have obtained the minimum level of funding (feature film, tv series and documentary: 40%, special formats: 60%, web series: 80%)
- You are spending at least the minimum amount of funds in the Brussels-Capital Region (feature film: €250,000, documentary and special formats: €75,000, web series: €45,000)
- Please read the complete rules and regulations
We strongly advise requesting parties to contact the screen.brussels fund before submitting a request.