By paying attention to this, various actions can be taken to reduce polluting emissions linked to transport as well as costs linked to petrol consumption.
- Before starting filming, appoint a mobility manager, who will be in charge of drafting a transport organisation plan.
- Shared transport, cycling or walking are very much the preferred options: use the excellent “Citymapper” app to find the quickest route and mode of transport to the film location.
- Travel by car: the basic principle is to use as few vehicles as possible (e.g. carpooling for the crew, hire shared cars).
- CO2 - Ask each member of the crew to account for their total mileage done by car during filming and the daily number of people involved in carpooling.
- Only use EURO 6 vehicles complying with the strictest applicable European standards: check with the hire company or on the registration documents.
- Be sure to ask the hire company for 100% electric zero-emissions vehicles or hybrid vehicles.
- Choose accommodation located within a maximum 10 km radius of the film location.
- Use bicycle couriers; they can deliver a multitude of things such as letters, packages, envelopes, shopping, meals and even small furniture!
Things to remember
- In town centres, bicycle couriers are 1.5 to 2 times faster than car couriers.
- The expenses allowed by an employer to encourage the use of bicycles for travelling between home and work are 120% tax-deductible for the company.
List of contacts