05 05/2018 – Present
European Association of Long-Term Investors AISBL – Brussels, Belgium
Policy, Admin & Communications Executive
07/2011 – Present
Alumni Europae ASBL – Brussels, Belgium
Co-Founder & Board Member
- Elected as a Board Member in October 2018.
- Co-founding member which saw us launch the Alumni network of the EU-funded European Schools.
- Securing charitable status and granted official recognition by the then 14 European Schools, the Board of Governors and the European Commission.
- Implementing a cohesive strategy for international expansion and technical development allowing us to oversee a number of successful events.
- Researching, communicating, writing, editing and translating of articles.
- Maintaining and monitoring the website, social media pages, keeping minutes of meetings, assisting in the forums and with administration.
06/2018 – 08/2018
European Visual Artists (EVA) – Brussels, Belgium
Policy, Admin & Communications Officer
09/2016 – 08/2017
Ministry for European Affairs and Implementation of the Electoral Manifesto – Valletta, Malta
Press & Media Relations Officer for Malta's 2017 EU Council Presidency
- Head of Media Monitoring.
- Drafting, editing, translating and distributing press releases and news reports.
- Main point of contact at the Media Centre for local and foreign press and liaison officers.
- Organisation of the Informal Ministerial Meetings and Malta Summit protocol and procedures.
- Authorisation, registration, documentation and accreditation of EU Delegations and International media staff.
- Planning and administrative work of various events related to the Maltese Presidency.
- Central communication link between Maltese Ministries.
- Preparing media evaluation reports and newsletters.
- Assisting the Marketing and Translation departments with regards to design and content-writing.
- Developing and implementing communications plans.
- Developing an operational plan that incorporates the goals, objectives and strategic direction of the organisation.
- Consultation on the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organisation.
- Consultation on the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organisation's marketing organs.
- Assistance in developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans (or lines of business and brands within an organisation) in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
- Leading market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and existing products/services.
- Assistance with the liaising of media organisations and advertising agencies for publicity.
- Complete organisation; coordination; logistics; follow-up and report-drafting of cultural and political events.
- Responsible for the managing, planning and administrative work of a wide array of projects and representing the French Republic at said events.
- Drafting and editing official agreements, contracts, reports, programs and press-kits.
- Personal Assistant to the Cultural Counsellor
- Primary internal and external liaison officer of the Embassy.
- In charge of budgeting and financial management of the Cultural Department.
- Organisation of scholarships for Maltese citizens.
- Monitoring and reporting of Maltese affairs and international position within the European Union institutions.
- Gathering, reporting and archiving of all Maltese news.
- Providing political and diplomatic consultation to the Ambassador, First Secretary and Cultural Counsellor.
- Safeguarding France’s positive public image and avoiding negative media coverage.
- Preparing speeches and memos for the Ambassador; First Secretary and Cultural Counsellor.
- Content-writing for the Embassy newsletter, website, Social Media accounts and administrative documents.
10/2012 – 02/2013 Embassy of Ireland in Malta – Ta’Xbiex, Malta
Political and Public Diplomacy Officer & PA to H.E. Jim Hennessy, Ambassador of Ireland to Malta
- Assisting the Ambassador during bilateral meetings.
- Assisting the Ambassador and Embassy staff in their daily activities; this included organising meetings, receptions and events; producing agendas and taking minutes; managing databases; recruiting and supervising interns; handling correspondence; liaising with relevant organisations.
- Representing Ireland at High-level briefings and meetings.
- Speech-writer for the Ambassador for meetings, receptions and events.
- Reported on current affairs as well as analysed, translated and edited documents.
- Preparation of the Irish Presidency of the EU Council via the organisation of cultural events.
- Analysing and reporting content from press releases of all the EU member states and the United States
- Highlighting the priority topics in each country’s news in order to compile the daily and weekly newsletter ‘European Parliament in the Media’.
- Drafting memorandums on specific news items and presenting these to the monitoring unit on a weekly basis.
- Drafting reports on the European Parliament newsletters Kantar and Agency Dispatches
- Maintaining the European Parliament Media webpage and internal email server, Suivimedias.
2013 (Mar-May) Political Report-writing certificate - Grade: 80% (1st equiv.)
University of Malta – Msida, Malta
Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies, University of Malta - Msida, Malta
Dissertation: ‘Economic Relations between the European Union and Turkey
University of Kent – Canterbury, Kent, United Kingdom
2008 – 2009 Universita di Trento – Trento, Italy - ERASMUS exchange program (1st equiv.)
Dissertation: ‘Schizophrenia: A study into its effects on modern society’
Erasmus Dissertation: ‘Turkey’s application for membership of the European Union’
European School of Brussels I – Brussels, Belgium
Diploma: European Baccalaureate (bilingual Baccalaureate in French and English)
Maltese – Fluent (C2)
Italian – Fluent (C2)
German – Proficient (B2)
Spanish – Intermediate (A2)
IT & SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Advanced knowledge of LexisNexis Newsdesk; a media aggregation, monitoring, and analytics software
- Advanced knowledge of translation software suite SDL Trados.
- Intermediate knowledge of various software platforms (Joomla, Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout Social, TweetDeck, Social Clout, Feedly, Google Analytics; Illustrator CC, InDesign CC).
- Acting: 2 Years Academic & Professional Experience (Flanders Acting Studio & Acting School Brussels) with various work in theatre/plays, web-series etc.
- Sports : Football, Rugby, Tennis, Skiing, Swimming, Kayaking
- Culture: Theatre, Music, Movies, Travelling, Literature,
- Creative: Writing/Blogging, Theatre/Acting, Painting/Drawing, Photography