Recently restored and listed in 1993, the former Headquarters of Social Welfare now houses the Center for Studies and Documentation "Wars and Contemporary Societies" (CEGESOMA), as well as offices and archives of the Service of Victims of War. First designed by the architect Richard Pringiers, collaborator of Victor Horta, the building was transformed by the architects Fernand and Maxime Brunfaut, by the addition of a new art deco building in 1931-32. Forced to keep the facade by Pringiers, they added balconies with wrought iron balustrades on the 3rd and 4th floors and a glass dome. The main materials used, marble, glass and chrome, confront each other. Brunfaut father and son not only designed the layout of the building, but also the decoration and furniture, down to the smallest detail.