Back to top


Polyvalent spaces with an industrial touch with artists' / craftsmen's workshops, garden, henhouse, greenhouse, dojo, grocery, ...

Stairs that could stand for a school. 


Cemetery of Laeken

The cemetery in Laeken is one of the 4 cemeteries of the City of Brussels, with those of Brussels (Evere), Neder-Over-Heembeek and Haren. That of Laeken is a protected heritage site dating back to the Middle Ages and is one of the major old catholic cemeteries in Belgium. Its past is so rich in history, art and memory that it is often called the "Père Lachaise of Brussels". It is the oldest cemetery of the region still in activity and the parochial last one: it is indeed implanted around a church, that of Notre-Dame de Laeken.

Mansion Avenue du Roi

Mansion (1902) designed by Alban Chambon, who decorated the Hotel Metropole. The property was renovated in 2013. Raised ground floor with grand entrance marble hall, majestic reception and dining room (4.8m ceiling height) and large open plan kitchen, with direct access to a covered terrace and south west-facing garden. On the first and second floors are 4 great bedrooms (24, 26, 36 et 43m²) and two bathrooms. On the top floor, an attic (40m²). At the garden level, an independant apartment (70m²).

Brussels Cemetery (Evere)

The Brussels Cemetery is a cemetery situated in Evere (Brussels).

Located in the neighbouring municipality of Evere, rather than in the City of Brussels proper, it is adjacent to Schaerbeek Cemetery and Evere Cemetery, but should not be confused with either.

The grounds include many war memorials, including a large monument to the soldiers of the Battle of Waterloo by Belgian sculptor Jacques de Lalaing.

Halles Saint-Géry

This former Flemish Neo-Renaissance covered market (brick, iron and glass) has a terrace attached to the building. As soon as the sun shines, the tables are filled but the neighing cafés are just as welcoming. Inside, a bar and restaurant make up the ground floor, while the floors and cellars can accommodate exhibitions and events.

House Mayeres

Personal home of the architect, surveyor and entrepreneur Michel Mayeres, this Art Nouveau building influenced by Moorish art was built in 1904. The polychrome materials, the bow window and large circular window are characteristic of this style. The house has 3 apartments and gives access to the Theatre de Galafronie, with auditoriums and workshops. A garden connects the two buildings that both have rooftop terraces.

Cimetière du Dieweg

Created in 1866 on the territory of the municipality of Uccle, along the old road Dieweg, the cemetery features a rich funerary heritage built by the upper middle class. Decommissioned in 1958, the place has undergone an important metamorphosis as the vegetation has taken over its rights on the funerary monuments. The site is now classified for both its heritage and its high biological value.

Plaster-cast workshop RMAH

Located behind the Jubilee Park Museum, the plaster-cast workshop evokes the atmosphere of its creation in the nineteenth century. It houses a collection of nearly 4000 casts made on works of art dating from prehistory to the eighteenth century. The specialised craftsmen work each piece one by one according to the traditional techniques of casting and patina.

Rue du Béguinage

The Rue du Beguinage is part of a neoclassical style neighborhood with preserved authenticity. At one end is the baroque Saint-Jean-Baptiste-au-Béguinage church, and at the other is the Rue du Grand Hospice where the old Pachéco Hospice (19th, listed) is located.


Subscribe to Ancient